Where horse crazy kids go to camp!
Two camp dates: Update: June camp registrations are now closed. We still have openings for our July camp. June 1st-2nd and July 27th-28th. Offering multiple options for attendance. 1 or 2-day registrations as well as morning-only and full-day options.
Ages: 8-16 (must be 8 years of age by camp start date)
- Over 20 fun horse camp activities over the course of 2 days
- Lesson Goals and Objectives tracked and documented
- Activities designed for a variety of ages and skill levels
- Students learn how to halter, tie, lead, groom, tack, and riding basics
- Students develop a heightened self-awareness and learn how non-verbal communication can impact others, including their horse, and gain self-confidence
- Skill development to improve coordination, balance, posture, muscle tone, and well-being
- Videos and pictures for your memory books
- Certificates and ribbons for objectives obtained (for those enrolled in the full camp)
- A study guide/coloring book as a home resource supporting learning objectives
10:00 AM Briefing – HorseSense Saftey Discussion, all Parents and Campers
10:30 AM Mounted Horsemanship Red/Yellow Levels, Unmounted Rainbow
12:00 PM Clean Up – Horse’s Lunch
12:30 PM Morning-Only camp ends
12:30 PM Lunch for campers attending all-day
1:00 PM Mounted Horsemanship Rainbow, Unmounted Horsemanship Red/Yellow
2:00 PM Creative Activity (relationship building, ex. arts & crafts)
3:00 PM Unmounted games (teambuilding, ex. learning tack/horse breeds/colors).
4:00 PM Extended camp ends
Group A- Yellow Level
Camp 1: Review of survival skills (1 rein stop, emergency dismount); circles, figure-8, introduction to dressage, bending, half-turn and change of direction across diagonally. Ride a ground pole course at the jog, on the bit.
Camp 2: Self-directed warm-up for advanced riders; figure 8 with lead changes; dressage bending aids; Half-seats, 5 phases of jumping, introduction to cantering.
Camp 1: Quick-release knots; Sending, Four ways to yield, Target training demo.
Camp 2: Liberty, +R Training including Clicker Training
Group B- Red Level
Camp 1: Introduction to posting, two-point, seated trot.
Camp 2: Equitation pattern, yielding over obstacles.
Camp 1: Groundwork (poles/obstacles, tarps)
Camp 2: Sending and Lunging, Yielding, Introduction to +R
🌈 Group C – Rainbow Level
Camp 1: Mounting, Dismounting, Balanced position, Simon Says, around the World
Camp 2: Steering Games, Balancing Games, Bareback Games
Camp 1: Haltering, leading, Observing equine body language, Quality Time session in the arena
Camp 2: Next Level leading in the arena, Obstacles (tarps/cavalettis), Relational grooming in the arena